top of page
  • Writer's pictureAdmin

How do I know if I am eligible for a VAWA Green Card?

Are you the spouse of a US citizen living in an abusive marriage but are worried about ending it out of fear of losing your chances to get your Green Card? You may qualify for a VAWA Green Card. With so many different visas and the eligibility requirements that come with each one, it can quickly become confusing. At the Law Offices of Jennifer L. Bennett, we’re trying to make it as easy as possible for you and want to give you a straightforward overview.

The VAWA Eligibility Requirements are as follows:

● With a few exceptions, you must live in the US.

● You must be the child, parent, or spouse of an abuser.

● Your abuser must be a permanent resident or US citizen.

● You must have lived together with the abuser at one point.

● You have to prove that abuse occurred during your relationship.

● Your marriage was in good faith.

● You have no criminal history during the past three years.

If these apply to you, and even if you feel like you may not have enough proof or enough documentation, we urge you to reach out to us so we can assess your case.

Phone: 312 -972-7969

To learn more about the entire VAWA process, click here.

19 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page